Partners in Bath & North East Somerset have been creative and constructed an exciting new community safety and safeguarding arrangement. We are committed to maximising the integration of safeguarding children and adults with community safety and the work of the Responsible Authorities Group (RAG). Our new Partnership is designed to offer us the chance to work more effectively and with joint purpose to protect children, adults, families and communities who most need our help.
In June 2019 the B&NES Community Safety and Safeguarding Partnership was approved by Avon Fire and Rescue, Avon and Somerset Constabulary, B&NES Clinical Commissioning Group, B&NES Council and the National Probation Service. It was developed in partnership with the existing members of the Local Safeguarding Children Board, Local Safeguarding Adult Board and RAG which it replaces. The partnership commenced operation in September 2019.
- The voice of children, adults, families and communities is strengthened
- Strengthening and improving the work on Think Family and Community
- Improving strategic decision making and leadership by having one cohesive conversation
- Focusing on shared strategic objectives to achieve the greatest impact and improve outcomes for children, adults, families and the community
- Reducing duplication and therefore enable us to use our resources more effectively across B&NES
Independent Chair and Partnership Support
The Partnership employ an Independent Chair who will manage the Partnership Support and ensure independent scrutiny takes place. We have developed robust scrutiny arrangements; Lay Members have a key role in this.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary, B&NES Clinical Commissioning Group and B&NES Council have agreed the required funding arrangements.